Translate

Friday, May 25, 2012

Memorial Weekend and kitties have a cold

It's Friday before the Memorial Day Holiday.  My girls are gone to their homes and families.  The girls are the CNA and the sewing assistant.
Don worked on the hickory wood project today. He was able to use the palm sander to prepare some of the parts for the next step.
All week long he has been very quiet and subdued, not doing much of anything. I was actually able to get something done in the sewing room this week because he was not in his shop requiring my attention.  The girls can't help him with machinery, that's not in their job description. And God forbid they get hurt. So they always have to come get me when he wants something,  Also they can't understand his sign language, pointing to something, describing something with vague hand movements.  Fortunately I know the tools in his shop, and like a surgeon's assistant can know just by what he is doing what tool he will need. Strange comparison I guess but you get the idea.
The cats are starting to sniffle.  BB started it with sniffles and is now bringing up his food. I just called the vet and made an appointment for Tuesday if they are not better.  If one gets it they will all have it soon.
Also got the grass cut this afternoon after I finished altering blouses for a customer. The grass is starting to grow faster than I can manage. That' the down side to summer.
Next week will be busy.  We'll see how it plays out.  Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment